It is always necessary to make backup(s) for your important files, especially when they are in your smartphone. Though there are various ways for backing up mobile phone data, it is not easy to choose a perfect backup method since people have many worries:
- Not safe on cloud and want to save backup to PC, USB or hard external drive
- Both images and videos are in several folders and hate manual move
- Only want to back up new photos and videos since the last backup
Is there any way to meet all the requirements? Actually, Windows itself already provides such a backup solution.
How to Back up Only New Photos and Videos from Phone to PC
You need: a mobile phone, a well-functioning USB cable and a Windows PC
Step 1. Connect phone to Windows PC.
Step 2. Open Windows Explorer.
Step 3. Right-click on your mobile phone and choose Import pictures and videos.
Step 4. Windows will look for pictures and videos on all folders of your phone.
Step 5. You’ll be shown with the number of new pictures and videos. If it is your first time to do it, the number should be the sum of all images and videos.
Step 6. Click More options to set the locations and other options, and then click OK> Import.
Note: It is not allowed to set external drive, like USB stick, as destination directly.
Step 7. View the imported pictures and videos.
How to Recover Photos and Videos from Android without Backup
Speaking of backup, we have to mention data loss which is hateful but almost inevitable. People may lose precious photos and videos in many cases.
- Accidental deletion
- Factory reset/formating
- Clear app data on Application manager
- Failed cut and paste transfer
- Virus attack
If you have no available backup for the lost media files, you'll need an excellent Android recovery software to get the lost data back.
100% Safe Android Data Recovery Software
iReparo Android Data Recovery is the best and most safe recovery app for Android mobile phone.
- Undelete photos, videos and audio files on Android phone memory and SD card
- Filter files for scanning according to formats
- Recognize almost all brands of Android mobile phones
- 100% safe and risk free
Easy Steps for Android Photo and Video Recovery
2. Tick the types and formats that you need, and then click Next.